The ES-8 is a USB 2.0 class-compliant audio interface in a Eurorack module, with DC-coupled inputs and outputs that can be used for both CVs and audio. As such it is directly compatible with all popular computer-based CV generation software (e.g. Silent Way, Max/MSP, Reaktor, CV Toolkit, zMors, Audulus, etc.) as well as audio and CV processing iOS apps.
The ES-8 also has ADAT inputs & outputs. This could be used for example to expand the I/O count via an Expert Sleepers ES-3 and/or ES-6, or to connect a traditional audio interface to add, say, mic preamps or 1/4" line outputs (for example with the Behringer ADA8200).
Without a USB connection, the ES-8 can be used as a standalone ADAT-to-audio converter, providing DC-coupled I/O expansion for another ADAT-equipped audio interface.
An expansion header allows connection of an Expert Sleepers ES-5, to which in turn you can connect Expert Sleepers gate, CV and MIDI expanders.
The ES-8 has a high quality internal clock, and it can optionally sync to the clock from the input ADAT signal.
The ES-8's specifications are as follows:
- Panel width: 8HP
- Module depth: 50mm
- Current draw: 198mA on the +12V rail, 52mA on the -12V rail (at 96kHz)
- USB socket: Type B
- Driver suport: class-compliant USB 2.0 (no driver required for macOS and iOS - Windows drivers provided for Windows 7, 8 & 10)
- Channel count: 12 in, 16 out
- Supported sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- Audio sample depth: 24 bit
- Output connections: 8x 3.5mm TS jacks, DC-coupled
- Maximum output voltage: approximately ±10V DC
- Analogue inputs: 4x 3.5mm TS jacks, DC-coupled
- Input voltage range: approximately ±10V
- Digital I/O: 1x ADAT input, 1x ADAT output
- Expansion headers: 1 for ES-5, 1 for ES-6
The front panel is drilled for both Doepfer and Analogue Systems mounting holes (using a 'slot' rather than a single round hole). The power connector is a Doepfer standard 16 way IDC, with -12V furthest from the top of the board.
We Also Recommend