Tides v1 - Tidal Modulator
The core of the module is a digital asymmetric triangle function generator, which can be used in AD and AR modes (for envelope generation), or looping (as a VC-LFO or VC-DO). The triangle generator is followed by a wavetable waveshaper providing linear, exponential, logarithmic, sinusoidal, or arc-sinusoidal shapes for the A and D segments. Then, a second processor applies either a 2-pole low-pass filter to the waveform, smoothing its sharp edges; or a rubbery wavefolder, adding kinks and ﾓbouncesﾔ to the waveform. Because Tides has been designed from the ground up to work at audio rates with minimal aliasing, and because all its parameters are under voltage control, it can be used as a unique self-contained synth voice.
Tidesﾒ advanced features include:
- Output level CV input (digital VCA).
- Dual outputs: standard unipolar waveform, and ﾓdouble-shotﾔ waveform with a positive spike during the ascent and a negative spike during the descent. At audio rate, both of them have a different sound.
- Accurate V/Oct tracking with straightforward calibration procedure.
- Freeze input to temporarily hold the waveform.
- Clock input to lock onto a multiple or fraction of a trigger sequenceﾅ or audio signal, PLL-style.
We Also Recommend