The outputs can be used as control voltages (CVs), for example with software such as Expert Sleepers Silent Way, and can also be used as audio outputs at high, modular synth-compatible levels.
With the ES-3, a single optical cable is all that is need to bring direct CV control from your DAW right into the heart of a modular system.
The ES-3's specifications are as follows:
- Panel width: 8HP
- Module depth: 50mm
- Input connection: optical, ADAT Lightpipe standard
- D/A conversion: 24 bit, 113dB SNR typical
- Output connections: 8x 3.5mm jacks, DC-coupled
- Maximum output voltage: approximately ±10V DC
- Indicators: LED for ADAT clock sync; illuminated sockets indicate output voltage (+ve/-ve)
- Current draw: 148mA on the +12V rail, 18mA on the -12V rail
The front panel is drilled for both Doepfer and Analogue Systems mounting holes (using a 'slot' rather than a single round hole). The power connector is a Doepfer standard 16 way IDC, with -12V furthest from the top of the board.
February 2017 sees the launch of the "ES-3 mk4". Functionally equivalent to the ES-3 mk3, the mk4 adds these improvements:
- Illuminated jack sockets
- Less deep
We Also Recommend