Claravox Centennial Theremin
Claravox Centennial is an elite performance theremin that integrates decades of expertise from Moog, the world’s leading theremin makers, to produce a once-in-a-lifetime instrument.
A Celebration of the Theremin's Past, Present, and Future.
Named after the original theremin virtuosa, Clara Rockmore, Claravox Centennial features the highest quality control and sound available in a theremin for deep artistic exploration. Offering both traditional 100% analog theremin operation and expanded modern performance, as well as an onboard analog delay, preset storage, and more, Claravox Centennial is an extraordinary instrument for creative expression.
Claravox Centennial is designed in celebration of the 100-year anniversary of the invention of the theremin by Leon Theremin, and is only available for a limited time.
The most versatile Moog Theremin in history.
Switchable Traditional and Modern performance modes select between classic heterodyne oscillators (for a genuine analog theremin experience) and multimode DSP oscillators (sine, triangle, saw, wavetable) with assignable scales, quantization, octave ranges, and response curves. An analog wave-shaping circuit (derived from the legendary Etherwave Pro) imbues ethereal sonic character and empowers rich sound sculpting possibilities, and the on-board analog BBD delay creates a wash of spiraling echoes and resounding warmth.
Connect your Theremin for a completely new performance experience.
DIN MIDI, USB, and CV inputs/outputs allow Claravox Centennial to be used in tight integration with DAWs, or as a creative controller for the dynamic and responsive command of external sound sources. Front-panel preset storage provides instant recall of your favorite sounds and settings, while the free Claravox Centennial software stores your entire preset library and indulges control of a host of under-the-hood features, unlocking an expanse of sonic capabilities.
The best feeling instrument that you’ll play without touching
An instrument designed with exceptional playability to satisfy the most skillful thereminist, Claravox Centennial invites access to multiple levels of calibration and control settings to create a custom fit between this unique instrument and each unique player. Front-panel Pitch and Volume knobs give quick and immediate control for dialing in to new playing environments, side-entry calibration ports create easy access for fine tune adjustments, and dedicated Response knobs allow for the creation of recallable custom antenna curves in Modern mode.
- Pitch Range: 5 octaves (Traditional Mode), 4-7 octaves (Modern Mode)
- Sound Sources: Analog Heterodyning Oscillator (Traditional Mode), Dual DSP/Wavetable Generator (Modern Mode) fed through Analog Waveshaping Circuit
- Controls: Theremin Controllers: Pitch and Volume Waveshaper: Brightness, Wave, Filter, Switches for Mode and Mute Analog Delay: Delay Amount, Delay Feedback, and Delay Time, Timbre: Timbre Select, Timbre Store. MODERN Mode only: Octave Range, Quantize Amount, Root/Scale Select, Pitch and Volume Response Curve
- Effects: Analog BBD Delay
- Preset storage: Yes
- Audio Outputs: 1 x 1/4" (Main Out) , 1 x 1/4" (Headphones), 1 x 1/4" (Tuner Out)
- CV I/O: 2 x ¼” CV outputs, 2 x ¼” CV Inputs
- MIDI:: In, Out, USB
- Materials: Brass Antenna, Walnut Wood Cabinet, Cloth-bound control paneling
- Power Source: DC power supply
- Mounting Options: Optional Moog Theremin Stand or Standard low-profile Mic Stand
We Also Recommend