Recent advances in DSP performance and the designer's relentless perfectionism in the development of sound synthesis algorithms have taken things up yet another level. The result is this brand new polyphonic instrument sporting a sound quality never heard before from digital synthesizers.
Each voice consists of three oscillators, two multimode filters, 6 envelope generators, three voice LFOs and one section LFO. Phasemodulation, time linearity modulation, oscillator synchronisation, ringmodulation, sweepable waveforms and a unique modulation and audio matrix allow for a much bigger spectrum fexibility than the analog subtractive synthesizer counterpart. An additional noise source with independent multimode filtering and variable signal routing has been added for more sonic flexibility. A three band full parametric EQ per voice is a perfect addition to the engine to place that instrument right into the mix. A very nice balanced lightweight keyboard with 61 keys, keyboard split option, aftertouch and velocity sensitivity completes the new synthesizer
The Accelerator is perfectly prepared for Live performances. A lot of synthesizers nowadays do not offer direct patch selection anymore. Instead of using direct access push buttons one has to dial in the desired patch and press enter. The Accelerator makes sound selection instantly available at your fingertips with dedicated patch select buttons. Additionally the unique program chain feature allows for programming a chain of programs that selects the correct patch automatically for you. Another stunning new feature is the the built in acceleration sensor. Movements of the keyboard are converted into modulation data. This brilliant addition allows for controlling parameters like pitch, the filter frequency or modulation depths by lifting up or shaking the keyboard.
How about step sequencers and arpeggiators? The Accelerator would certainly not be a Radikal Technologies synthesizer if the designers had not integrated some sequencing goodies. You can enter some notes into the step sequencer, transpose the sequences with the left hand while performing a solo at the upper end of the split keyboard. Piece of cake! The powerfully warm and crispy sound of this new flagship synthesizer is destined to become the centerpiece of any keyboard setup. For anyone wishing to expand the Accelerators sonic power even more additional voices with up to 2 DSP expansion modules are available. The DSP expansions not only add extra polyphony to the Accelerator, they will also allow the use up to eight independent synthesizer sounds at a time with the integrated multimode feature.
Radikal Technologies Accelerator Features:
- 3 oscillators with sweepable waveforms, time linearity modulation, phasemodulation, ringmodulation between Oszillator 2+3
- oscillator synchronisation
- 6 envelope generators
- 4 LFOs (3 voice, 1p art LFO)
- noise with noise filter (multimode filter 12 / 24 dB)
- independent amp EG for noise
- 2 multimodefilter per voice - LP, HP, BP and Notch with 12/24 dB per filter switchable
- independent oscillator to filter feeds
- serial and parallel filter configurations
- 8 voices (expandable per DSP upgrade)
- categorized randomize sound function
- monochrome graphic display with RGB backlight
- 2 FX
- step sequencer
- split, dual, single and performance mode
- 3D positioning sensor for parameter control
- 61 lightweighted keys with channel aftertouch
- 512 sound memories
- floating point for enhanced dynamic range
- expression pedal input
- footswitch input
- USB (USB MIDI class device)
- two external inputs
- two outputs
- MIDI In, Out, Thru
- headphones output
Six years later the Spectralis sound quality remains unmatched - until now!