DSM01 Curtis Filter
Dave Smith's first-ever offering for modular synthesizer users is a big oneﾗthe DSM01 Curtis Filter, the very heart and soul of the Dave Smith sound. Featured in everything from Dave's vintage Sequential synths to his recent cutting-edge instruments such as the Prophet 12, the Curtis tone is brash, saturated, and powerful.
Plug It and Play It
The DSM01 is a compact, 8 HP Eurorack-format module. Plug it into your modular system and that classic Curtis sonic signature is instrantly within a patch chord's reach. The filter is a resonant low-pass design that can be switched between -12 dB and -24 dB operation and driven into self-oscillation in -24 dB mode. A Boost switch lets you overdrive the input stage for more aggressive coloration.
In addition to its Curtis filter, the DSM01 provides its own responsive, low-noise VCA with LED CV indicator. There are two separate outputsﾗone pre-amplifier and the other post-amplifier. This not only gives you added signal routing flexibility, but also frees your system's existing VCAs for other tasks.
Give Your Modular System the Edge
If you're a typical modular user, you're always on the lookout for new and interesting components to enhance your system. The DSM01 is an easy and affordable way to give your system a new sonic edge with the filter that's brought some of the world's most in-demand synths their classic tone and vibe.
- 1 CV In - Frequency (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 1 CV In - Resonance (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 1 CV In - VCA (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10 V
- 1 Audio In (3.5 mm jack) +/-5V or 10V p-p
- 1 VCF Out - pre-VCA (3.5 mm jack)
- 1 VCA Out - post-VCA (3.5 mm jack)
- Self oscillation in -24 dB/octave mode, tracks at 1V/octave
- Internal power connector (ribbon cable included)
- Current draw: +12V @ 36mA, -12V @ 25mA
- 1.59" W x 5.06" H (40.3 mm x 128.5 mm)
- Depth (measured from back of panel with power cable installed): 1.06" (27 mm)
- Mounting screws included
We Also Recommend