Matriarch Dark is a new color variant for Moog Matriarch. Matriarch Dark presents the same great features, sounds, and specs as the original colorful Matriarch, now offered in an all-black color scheme that invokes the timeless look of Moog's classic modular control panels.
Matriarch is an analog synthesizer with an emphasis on imagination. The pinnacle of Moog’s semi-modular family of synthesizers, Matriarch’s patchable architecture and classic Moog circuits reward open exploration with endless sonic possibilities and unparalleled analog sound.
Easily create rich harmonic shapes with up to 4 notes of paraphony that can be sequenced, shifted, and stored with Matriarch’s intuitive 256 step sequencer, or stack the analog VCOs to play on a massive 4 oscillator mono synth.
With a deep assortment of synthesis modules based on Bob Moog’s original circuit designs, Matriarch’s 100% analog signal path spans a dynamic sonic vocabulary – from overdriven monophonic bass to gently evolving paraphonic plucks that cycle through waveshapes into a wash of infinite delay trails . Coupling the power of vintage-designed stereo ladder filters, dual Envelope Generators, stereo Analog Delays, and stereo VCAs, Matriarch delivers a multi-dimensional sound that empowers the sonic exploration of space and time. Though Matriarch’s semi-modular design requires absolutely no patching, 90 modular patch points are easily accessible throughout the panel via the included 3.5mm patch cables. This powerful electronic instrument is a highly-versatile addition to any stage or studio that can effortlessly transform from a performance keyboard into a fully modular analog synthesizer at a moment’s notice.
In addition to its standalone function, Matriarch is also an ideal processor of external sound sources and a powerful keyboard front-end for expanding a DFAM, Mother-32, Grandmother, or Eurorack modular system.● Mono, duo, and 4-note paraphonic playability
● Stereo analog delay w/ up to 700ms of MIDI sync-able stereo or ping/pong style repeats
● 256 step sequencer w/ up to 4 notes per step and 12 stored patterns. (Can be
decoupled from Matriarch to independently sequence external gear)
● Arpeggiator with selectable modes (Order, Forward/Backward, Random)
● Semi-modular analog synthesizer - no patching required
● 90 modular patch points for endless exploration
● Expressive 49-note Fatar keyboard w/ patchable velocity and aftertouch
● 4 analog oscillators w/ selectable waveshape and hard sync per-oscillator
● Full-range analog LFO with 6 selectable waveshapes
● Dual analog filters with parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP), and series (HP/LP) modes
● Dual analog ADSR envelopes
● Dual analog VCAs
● 3x bipolar voltage controlled attenuators with ring mod capability
● 2x4 parallel wired unbuffered mults
● Additional simple analog LFO useful for adding modulation to delay, filters and VCAs
● 1/4“ external audio input for processing guitars, drum machines, and more through
Matriarch’s analog circuits
● Stereo ¼” and 3.5mm Eurorack level audio outputs
● Oscillators based on the Minimoog
● Mixer based on the classic CP3 module
● Filters based on the classic 904A module
● Envelopes based on the classic 911 module
● VCAs based on the classic 902 module
● Analog Delay based on the MF-104M and 500 Series effects
● TYPE-- Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
● SOUND-ENGINE-- 100% Analog
● NUMBER-OF-KEYS-- 49 Full-Size Keys
● TYPE-OF-KEYS-- Velocity-sensing with Aftertouch (Velocity and Aftertouch are not
hard-wired – available via MIDI, KBD VEL OUT and KB AT OUT jacks)
● OTHER-CONTROLLERS-- Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Variable Glide, Expression pedal in
to CV out, and Sustain Pedal in
● POLYPHONY-- Monophonic, 2-Note Paraphonic, and 4-Note Paraphonic
● SOUND-SOURCES-- 4x Analog Oscillators with Selectable Waveforms (Oscillators 2, 3,
and 4 support Hard Sync), White Noise Generator, External Input jack.
● MIXER-- 6 input (5 eurorack level and 1 instrument level) DC coupled discrete mixer with
asymmetrical clipping behavior
● FILTERS-- 24dB/Octave Low Pass Filter with Resonance, 24dB/Octave switchable Low
Pass/High Pass Filter with Resonance. Configurable in parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP),
and series (HP/LP).
● MOD-SOURCES-- Analog Modulation Oscillator with selectable and patchable output
(Sine, Saw, Ramp, Square, Stepped Triangle, Smoothed Random, Sample and Hold,
Noise). Additional LFO (Tri, Square)
● ENVELOPES-- 2x Four-Stage ADSR with End of Envelope gate outputs
● ATTENUATORS-- 3x Bipolar Voltage Controlled Attenuators with Ring Mod capabilities
● MULTS-- 2x4 Parallel-wired Non-buffered Patch Points
● VCAs-- 2x discrete analog VCAs routed in stereo
● EFFECTS-- Stereo Analog Delay with Ping/Pong, MIDI and CV clock sync, voltage
controlled Mix, and independent L/R delay times, feedback, and I/O.
● ARPEGGIATOR-Ø-STEP-SEQUENCER-- 256 Steps with up to 4 notes per step; 12
● PATCH-POINTS-- 90 x 3.5mm front and rear panels, 49 Inputs, 33 Outputs, 2x4
● PEDAL-INPUTS-- 1/4” Sustain, 1/4” Expression
● AUDIO-INPUT-- 1/4” TS jack (Rear Panel)
● AUDIO-OUTPUTS-- 2x 1/4” TS jacks for line level output (Rear Panel), 1/4” Headphone
jack with dedicated level knob (rear panel), 2x 3.5mm Eurorack level outputs, 2x 3.5mm
● MIDI-IØO-- 5-pin DIN In, Out, Thru; plus MIDI over USB (Rear Panel)
● DIMENSIONS-- 32” (81.28cm) Wide x 14 1/4” (36.19cm) Deep x 5 1/2” (13.97cm) High
● POWER-- Included Power Adapter 12V DC (positive tip), 2A, 100 to 240 Volts AC,
50/60Hz with screw-on barrel connector.
● WEIGHT-- 24lbs. / 10.89kg