The Mode Machines KRP-1 is a 100% true discrete analogue phaser with photo-couplers which design is based on the legendary Compact Phasing A from Gerd Schulte Audio Electronik. This was used in the 70s & 80s by many famous people like Klaus Schulze, Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream on their records.
The very special sound of the original phaser, which was lovingly named Krautrock phaser or Schulze phaser, is unforgettable until today and very sought-after amongst vintage fans. The first run of the KRP-1 was made in 1999 where Mode Machines presented it at the NAMM show in Los Angeles. Since then it has been redesigned and improved to reach the demands to create an authentic vintage sound of the 70s. Some new ideas to improve the features have been implemented, so this is not only a sound-wise 1:1 copy of the original, but even has many more practical features and modifications.
The Mode Machines KRP-1 generates from 1 mono audio signal very unique stereo effects where the amplitude can be controlled optionally by using 2 externs CV-pedals. There are 4 effect parameters with big knobs: Phasing, Oscillator Period, Feedback and Modulation. By using the heavy-duty bypass push button you can switch the effect on and off. The road-ready metal chassis and vintage style knobs generate a classic vintage feeling and there are even optional wooden side panels. All connections are on the rear plate by using 6.3mm jacks. The power supply is external and supplied with the machine.
Everybody who enjoys the sound of the 70s from Kraftwerk & Co. will love the phaser in its final production stage.
- 100% analogue discrete hand built phaser with photocouplers
- Based on the legendary Gert Schulte “Compact Phasing A”
- Controls for Phasing, OSC.Period, Feedback and Modulation
- 2 Status LED´s
- Bypass Knob
- 1/4″ Jacks for In-/ Output
- Mono In, L/R Out
- Amount- and Rate input for CV-pedals
- Audio/ Manual mode
- External power supply
- Road ready heavy duty metal case
- Optional: wooden side panels
- POWER: 18V AC 1000mA (PSU included)
- Dimensions: 23.5 cm * 17.6 cm * 7.5 cm (9.25″ * 6.93″ * 2.95″) (with packaging: 36.5 cm * 23 cm * 10 cm (14.37″ * 9.06″ * 3.94″))
- Weight: 1.9 kg (4.19 lb) (with packaging: 2.9 kg (6.39 lb))
We Also Recommend