FB-1A Fire Bottle
Effectrode pedals include a 12v positive (+) center power supply. We are not responsible for damage caused by using a power supply that is not included with your Effectrode order.
The "Fire Bottle" is a an extremely compact, tough little boost pedal with a warm and musical personality. It's essentially a vintage tube ampflier input stage in a pedal and can be used as a clean boost on lower gain settings or, when running at full-tilt, push your tube amp into beautiful overdrive. It can add some grit and growl to thicken and warm up your tone without loosing definition and clarity.
This pedal is specially designed to work with magnetic guitar pickups and is based on a new NOS (new old stock) subminature 6112 vacuum tube. The 6112 operates as a vintage Fender tube amp input stage at true tube amplifier plate voltages for stacks of head-room and a low noise floor ensuring fantastic dynamic range. Like my other subminiature tube pedals, the Fire Bottle is true bypass for uncolored feed-through.
The 6112 is manufactured to meet the stringent MIL-E-1 specification for reliability and designed for long service life under conditions of severe shock, vibration (20,000G!), high temperature and high altitude. The subminiature tubes represent the pinnacle of tube technology and offer more consistent musical performance than the early NOS germanium transistors used in Rangemaster-type booster pedals making the Fire Bottle a hi-fidelity boost pedal perfect for studio and touring in even the harshest conditions.
- All-Tube: 100% analog tube signal path based on a NOS Mil-spec subminiature 6112 tube.
- Boost Control: ranges from 6dB (emulating a high output pickup) to substantial 25dB to push clean channels into tube overdrive.
- Tone Control: Classic Fender ﾑHarvardﾒ tube amp tone control.
- Resonance Switch: Fine-tunes the resonant peak of a single coil pickup to alter the fundamental tone. Two settings make it possible to shift the resonant peak 2 to 4KHz down. This has the effect of making a strat bridge pickup sound like a neck pickup or even a humbucker for a thicker, fatter and fuller sound adding a huge degree of flexibility to your guitar tone.
- True Bypass: With Effectrode's unique ﾑanti-popﾒ or ﾑthumpﾒ footswitching circuitry
We Also Recommend