Your Everything Upgrade.
From pickups, tubes, capacitors, to speaker cabinets—the aspects of a rig that can be upgraded or changed are nearly endless. Plug in Compadre and you may find you already have everything you need for the tone you’ve been seeking.
Bring out your amp’s character in ways you never thought possible. Compadre’s Class A JFET input circuit, studio quality analog compression, and musically voiced analog boost circuits all work together to make your amp sound like it was just modified by a world-class boutique amp designer.
Hear your guitar rig like never before
If you're still searching for your dream guitar tone, you may be surprised how close you already are when you add some compression and boost your signal. Compression is a great way to add fullness and balance to your guitar's tone, while tailoring how your dynamic range interacts with your pedals and amplifier. Whether you play country, jazz, metal, fusion, or anything else, the Strymon Compadre will help you see your guitar rig in a whole new light.
Two premium compression circuits for versatile dynamics control
The Strymon name goes hand-in-hand with sonic dexterity, so it's no surprise that the Compadre pedal packs two distinct compression modes. Studio mode is designed to be smooth and transparent, controlling dynamics in the manner of classic rackmount compressors. Squeeze mode conjures heavier compression with lots of sustain, squeezing every ounce of sonic excellence from your core guitar tone.
Independent Boost circuit you can shape any way you like
Whether you normally play straight into your amplifier, or you shape your sound with a pedalboard on the way in, giving your guitar signal a boost (whether with a pedal or dialing up your volume control) can be the perfect way to add that extra sparkle and intensity. Guitarists at Sweetwater love that the Compadre offers an independent boost section, and even more so because it offers three EQ curves to suit a variety of styles. Choose Flat for a transparent, full-frequency boost. Or use it as a treble boost to add grit and sparkle without getting muddy. Or select Mid for a punchy midrange boost that will secure your guitar's spot in the mix.
Strymon Compadre Compressor/Boost Pedal Features:
- Compressor and boost pedal for electric guitar
- Two compression modes and three boost EQ curves offer a wide sonic range to explore
- Studio compression mode offers smooth, transparent compression
- Squeeze compression mode based on vintage units for heavy compression with long sustain
- Two boost modes for Clean and Dirty voicings
- Boost EQ switch selects from full-range boost, treble-emphasized boost, or midrange-emphasized boost
- Expression pedal input turns Compadre into a VCA-based volume control
- Use Strymon's MiniSwitch or MultiSwitch Plus (sold separately) to recall custom settings
- Integrate Compadre with your MIDI environment for access to 300 preset locations (requires MIDI EXP Cable, sold separately)
- 9V power supply included
Analog VCA Compression, Digital Control
1 x 1/4"
1 x 1/4"
1 x 1/4" TRS (volume expression)
1 x 1/4" TRS (MIDI EXP cable required)
Yes, Switchable to Buffered
9V DC power supply required (included)