The disting is a many-in-1 multifunction module, offering a variety of CV and audio processes, including a selection of oscillators (LFOs/VCOs). All algorithms have two high-precision inputs and outputs, and a third control input, exposed on a front panel knob and a CV input.
The disting is also a sample (WAV) file and MIDI file player, with a variety of options for sample triggering, playback speed etc.
There are currently 76 distinct algorithms ranging from envelopes and filters to resonators and vocoders.
mk4 version differences
- Dot matrix screen, capable of showing text and numeric values
- Micro SD card slot accessible on the front panel
- Compatibility with the Select Bus protocol
- An internal precision clock allowing new algorithms such as a tuner, and pitch and frequency references
- MIDI in/out ports (on a breakout header)
The disting mk4's specifications are as follows:
- Panel width: 4HP
- Module depth: 42mm
- X & Y inputs, A & B outputs
- Sample rate: 75kHz
- ADC: 24 bit, THD+N -93dB, Dynamic range 99dB, SNR 99dB
- DAC: 24 bit, THD+N -94dB, Dynamic range 105dB, SNR 104dB
- Z input sample rate: 75kHz
- CPU: Microchip PIC32MX at up to 50MHz
- Current draw: 51mA on the +12V rail, 19mA on the -12V rail
The front panel is drilled for both Doepfer and Analogue Systems mounting holes (using a 'slot' rather than a single round hole). The power connector is a Doepfer standard 16 way IDC, with -12V furthest from the top of the board.