DMF-2 Dual-Mode 2-Channel Filter
The DMF-2 is a dual mode and dual slope filter. The DMF-2 emulates the familiar low pass filter in 4 pole mode and expands sonic potential by adding a unique designed 6 pole low pass mode and quasi and pass mode.
Both filters (A and B) are identical and can be controlled separately and by master inputs for the cutoff (CM A+B). The audio outputs from both filters are combined (LPF A+B and BPF A+B) with dual resonance (peak and offers "formant" shaped sounds in low pass and band pass mode. Filters has an individual audio input and additionally combined input (AUDIO A+B).
The DMF-2 is characterized by a non-linear transfer function, so-called saturation mode, that is affected by the level strenght of the incoming signals.
The design quality of LPF's and new features makes the DMF-2 very flexible and results in qualities, such as:
- CUTOFF, Q-PEAK are voltage controlled
- 4 and 6 poles low pass mode (24 dB/octave and 36 dB/octave)
- Quasi band pass mode (6dB/octave high pass on the low side and 24dB/octave low pass on the high side)
- Saturable; from "warm" and "smooth" sound (at low to moderate level of incoming signal) to heavy distorted "nasty" and "aggressive" (at high level of incoming signals)
- Ideal as "effect filter"
- Formant mode (dual peak) with summed inputs and outputs
- Stereo effects
- Low noise
We Also Recommend