Mercury Tube Fuzz (TF-2A)
This is a limited edition pedal.
Effectrode pedals include a 12v positive (+) center power supply. We are not responsible for damage caused by using a power supply that is not included with your Effectrode order.
Effectrode's new 'Mercury' Vacuum Tube Fuzz is a fine-tuned, warmer version of the discontinued Helios Fuzz. This very special limited edition fuzz is based on a N.O.S. (new old stock) Philips subminiature tube and vintage N.O.S. point contact germanium diodes. These little tubes represent the absolute pinnacle of vacuum tube technology and feature double getter mounts for very low microphony. Additionally, Effectrode selects only the best, lowest noise tubes from a batch, and each tube is given a 24 hour burn-in, electrical and audio test by Phil Taylor (the designer).
Here's a quick rundown on some of the outstanding materials utilized in the construction of this pedal.
- The knobs are totally unique to Effectrode and custom manufactured in the USA from phenolic using the original 1940s Dakaware, Chicago molds.
- All mounting hardware is brass plated with nickel (no mild steel).
- The pots are custom manufactured in Great Britain by Omeg.
- Felt washers (just like on the old tube radios) are inserted underneath the knobs.
- The footswitch is manufactured by Carling USA.
- The sockets are manufactured by Neutrik (metal, not plastic).
- The diecast aluminium alloy enclosure is finished in custom pastel-yellow gloss powdercoat with stoved epoxy graphics, a very, very tough and resilient finish which will look good for many decades to come.
- Each pedal has a metal plate with it's unique serial number stamped on.
- A unique design 100% made in Great Britain by Effectrode!
We Also Recommend