OD-11 Ortho-directional Carlsson Loud-speaker
The new OD-11 is a carefully re-engineered version of the legendary ortho directional loud-speaker by Stig Carlsson from 1974. Now with a built-in computer, 100 watt amplifier and the latest wifi technology. It's upgraded to play all your music, from any device, in wireless stereo. The unmistakeable warm and relaxed Carlsson sound has returned.
Re-created from original technical drawings, the 2014 version of OD-11 has the same dimensions, 10 litre volume, cabinet with black grille, as when it was launched in 1974. When it comes to the sound, the ortho directional speaker principle is more relevant than ever, delivering the same great sound as it did 40 years ago. The genuine Carlsson sound.
pecifically intended for cloud-based music listening, the white Teenage Engineering OD-11 Wireless Cloud Speaker is a Wi-Fi-enabled wireless speaker that supports streaming from most computers and portable devices. The speaker features a two-way omnidirectional design that allows the sound to be dispersed evenly throughout your acoustic space. It features one long-throw 6.5" woofer, one tweeter, and a flow-optimized bass-reflex duct for improved low frequency response. The drivers are powered by an integrated 100-watt Class-D amplifier, and two OD-11s can be linked together wirelessly.
The OD-11 has been built for seamless interaction with your computer or portable device via Wi-Fi, allowing you to to stream music directly to the speaker or to control streaming from a different source, such as a cloud-based service like Spotify Connect. This is made possible using the Orthoplay companion app that is available as a free download from your Apple or Android app stores; it's also available as a browser-based interface for Mac and Windows computers.
- Made for AirPlay and Spotify
- Thanks to its built-in Wi-Fi capabilities, the OD-11 works out of the box with AirPlay on Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. It will also work Windows computers with iTunes installed. When playing music from Spotify on a mobile device, a digital token is sent to OD-11 telling it to handle the streaming so you can turn your mobile device off and enjoy the music. AirPlay allows your device to send a signal via Wi-Fi to your OD-11; the audio stream from your device goes to your home router and then to the OD-11. For Spotify Connect, the OD-11 receives signal directly from the cloud after accessing the music through your smart device.
- Apple TV
- You can use the OD-11 with Apple TV and all content therein. For the audio, the OD-11 receives the signal wirelessly from the Apple TV, which sends video to your TV via an HDMI cable.
- Orthoplay is the software remote control for OD-11, available both as a dedicated app for iOS and Android and as a universal web application for any platform.
- Ortho Engine
- Inside OD-11, you'll find the Ortho engine, a custom-designed computer, processing the crossover filtering and all wireless communication.
- Analog Class-D Amplifier
- Mounted on the side of the bass-reflex duct is the 100-Watt integrated amplifier. By mounting the amplifier on the side of the duct, it's kept cool with the passing airflow.
- OD-11 stands for ortho-directional 1+1, meaning it has one tweeter and one woofer. In other words, it's a two-way, ortho-directional loudspeaker.
- Wired Connectivity
- For devices that can't be set up to play wirelessly, the OD-11 has both line-in and optical-in as options. If you have a stereo pair, no cable is needed between the two OD-11s.
We Also Recommend